Saturday, August 28, 2010

New bathroom!

Over a month ago, I began to work on re-doing our bathroom. For years...nearly twenty I believe....the bath has been decorated with a painted latice work and climbing roses on a beige background. I went for a BIG change and painted it a Laura Ashley color, Apple Green#3, and bright gloss white. The handles on all the cabinets and drawers were removed and replaced with glass knobs I purchased on a recent trip to Snohomish, Washington. The bird hooks and modified toilet paper holder came from Capitola, CA., two years ago. I've been hanging on to them with this project in mind....that's how long I've been pondering this re-do!!
Since my brain doesn't work in a grid pattern ;), my wonderful "measure twice, cut once" hubby, laid the new peel and stick tile for me....thank you honey!! It looks great...don't you think?? So nice and fresh!

5 comments:

Lisa Haveman said...

love it, love it, love it! Will you come and decorate my house please :) Can't wait to see it (and use it) in person! lol

Debbi said...

I love it! Every bit of it! I love your plate arrangement, I love your birdie things, especially the improvised . . . I love the color!! . . . And most especially, I love your painting!

GoodTimes said...

You did a great job! I couldn't believe you wanted to cover up that lattice art work... I don't know if I could've just imagining how much time you put into painting it. But the new look is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Debbie, you are so creative!! I like the redo! I always like coming to your house because it so cozy and beautiful!

Keith and Margaret said...

Love the new bathroom look. I want to see that paint color in person. I have such a hard time picking a paint color!