Monday, November 24, 2008

Another treasure added

Every now and then I like to peruse Ebay. I go to the section called EAPG, or, early american pressed glass. Since the early 80's I've been collecting a pattern called Minnesota. It was made by the U.S. Glass Company and there are 64 different pieces available (in Minnesota pattern), some more rare than others. They were manufactured in the mid to late 1800's, and were the poor man's version of cut crystal. I happened to be looking around the EAPG section the other day and found this little treasure. I already had one large dresser jar, but this little one was so cute! And cheap! $9 added this beauty to my collection and I couldn't be more thrilled :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute is that?!! I haven't been to an antique store for a very long time and never think to look online. Guess I'll have to do that sometime.

Heather Hekman said...

A great find and at a great price. What could be better?